Repair Cafe Kendal
Simply Repair holds community repair events where you can get clothes, small electrical items, furniture, baskets, books, toys, jewellery and other household items repaired. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn to repair.
Our Next Repair Event
Our Pop-up Repair Cafe is held every second Thursday of the month, 5-7pm at Space2Create, Kendal.
Repair Cafe Dates 2024
- 11th January 2024
- 8th February 2024
- 14th March 2024
- 11th April 2024
- 9th May 2024
- 13th June 2024
- 11th July 2024
- No Repair Cafe in August
- 12th September 2024
- 10th October 2024
- 14th November 2024
- 12th December 2024
How It Works
When you arrive, you’ll be welcomed and asked to complete a form telling us what you’ve brought for repair and to sign to say you understand that we’ll try our best but might not be able to fix your item. Once the paperwork is done we’ll point you in the direction of an appropriate repairer. Sometimes there’s a queue but you are welcome to order refreshments from our friends at Kendal People’s Cafe whilst you wait.
We ask you to pay what you can for the repairs and advice. If you are able to make a donation this helps restock our repair kits, hire the venue, help others who might not be able to donate and help the repair cafe be sustainable and grow to reach a wider audience.
Seats are provided so that you can sit and talk to the repairer about your item. We encourage you to watch and learn some new skills if possible. Sometimes we won’t be able to fix what you bring, but we may be able to advise you on where you can get it mended.
You can bring multiple items, but if we’re busy we’ll fix your first item then ask you to go to the back of the queue.
Before you leave we ask you to complete a feedback form so that we can make sure we’re providing the best service possible.
What to Bring
- Items that need repairing. (If possible please let us know, in advance, what you plan to bring so that we can make sure we have the right tools.)
- Cash for donations (if you can), for repairs and refreshments from Kendal’s People Cafe.
- If you want us to fix a zip you’ll need to bring a replacement (if you need help choosing, send us a message and we can talk you through it).
- If you want an electrical item fixing and you have the manual, bring it along. It might just help us with the fix.
- If you are bringing clothing / textiles please show respect for our repairers and make sure all items are clean. Thank you.
We are an enthusiastic group of volunteers and welcome anyone else who might be interested in getting involved.
Please contact us on the e mail address below if you’d like to find out more.