Learn the basics of crochet as you transform leftover yarns of various type into granny squares, the building blocks of colourful crochet clothes, bags, blankets… the only limit is your imagination!
You will learn how to hold a crochet hook and yarn in a way that suits you; the basic crochet stitches required to make a granny square; how to connect squares to make bigger projects.
This relaxed pace, small group workshop series Is designed for beginners and will also suit anyone looking for a refresher. At the end of the workshop you will leave feeling inspired and with the confidence to continue developing your crochet skills at home.
We will provide:
- crochet hooks and a selection of natural yarns (Simply Repair avoids plastics in all forms)
- guided step-by-step instructions
- written and pictorial instruction sheets for making granny squares
- organic, Fairtrade hot drinks and palm-oil free biscuits.
What to bring
- A crochet hook between size 3.5 and 5 if you have it. If you don’t, we have plenty to share!
- Any balls or scraps of wool, cotton or other natural fibre yarns, for your granny squares.
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop host
Our host for this small group workshop is Anne Nichols. Anne is an experienced and creative crocheter with bags of enthusiasm for sharing her skills with learners of all ages and abilities. She has lots of patience and will make sure you gain a good working knowledge of basic crochet stitches – in a friendly and supportive environment.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
Keep up to date with us at: