Immerse yourself in a joyful afternoon of creative crafting with Simply Repair.
Three local artisans have joined us to teach you the basics of their favourite making & mending crafts, each in a 1 hour mini workshop. Under their guidance you will produce your own unique festive craft creations, saving money on decorations to keep and gifts to give to your friends and family.
Love crafts? Hate waste? You’ll love this celebration of repair, reuse and recycling!
Suitable for beginners. Class sizes are kept small making sure that everyone gets attention and assistance when needed. By the end of this event you will leave feeling confident to experiment further with all of these making & mending techniques, and inspired to create more of your own craft projects.
What you will learn
- Felting: create 3D decorations from scrap wool with simple dry felting techniques.
- Macramé: transform cord, yarn or string into colourful decorations with this traditional craft.
- Sewing: make reusable bags suitable for gifts of all shapes and sizes, using the simplest sewing skills
How the event will work
- Participants move around all three workshop stations through the afternoon.
- Each workshop is one hour long, including plenty of time for tea, cake & conversation.
- All workshop group will be small so everyone can get attention and assistance.
We will provide:
- guided instructions for these three crafting skills.
- all equipment for felting, macramé, and sewing (including machines).
- all materials, including scrap yarns, wool, string, paper, fabrics, buttons and threads.
- examples of festive crafts to get your creative juices flowing!
- organic, Fairtrade hot drinks and palm-oil free biscuits.
What to bring
- Any fabrics, yarns, ribbons, string that you’d like to reuse.
- If you have a basic sewing kit or felting needle, please bring them with you.
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop hosts
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
We continue to run only small groups at our workshops. The venue has plenty of space to remain socially distanced and everyone’s safety is of upmost importance to help everyone enjoy the event with confidence and comfort.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event
Keep up to date with us at: