This workshop is aimed at amateur gardeners who want to know how best to use, maintain and repair your tools. The ticket price includes a tool care kit for you to use at home to clean and sharpen a range of gardening tools.
Garden tools can be expensive and will deteriorate if not cared for properly. Understanding how to use your tools correctly will prolong their life as well as keeping you safe and healthy.
This session is suitable for amateur gardeners. Class sizes are kept small making sure that everyone gets attention and assistance when needed. All Simply Repair workshops are relaxed, comfortable and open to all.
What you will learn:
- Tool care: how to clean, sharpen and repair a range of tools.
- Tool maintenance: tips for preserving and storing your tools.
- Tool use: how to use your tools correctly to keep you safe and prolong their life.
- Tool buying: which tools you can do without? When to spend money on the best you can afford and when to save your pennies?
We will provide:
- A garden tool care kit for you to use in the workshop and take home with you, including: wire wool, a whetstone, camellia oil and a cleaning cloth.
- Fairtrade hot drinks and biscuits.
What to bring:
- One or two of your own tools in need of some care, that you will clean and sharpen.
- Gardening gloves if you have them and clothing suitable for messy work!
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop host
Your host for this workshop is local gardening professional Carol Lahey.
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
We continue to run only small groups at our workshops. The venue has plenty of space to remain socially distanced and everyone’s safety is of upmost importance to help everyone enjoy the event with confidence and comfort.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event