Join us and learn the modern method of Japanese kintsugi with Simply Repair’s resident ceramics repairer. Yukari will show you how to repair chipped or cracked ceramics using synthetic lacquer and gold powder to restore and enhance your items.
Kintsugi (“golden joinery”) treats breakage and repair as part of the history or story of an object. In kintsugi, flaws are enhanced because they make an object unique and therefore more valuable.
No experience necessary. Class sizes are kept small making sure that everyone gets attention and assistance when needed. All Simply Repair workshops are relaxed, comfortable and open to all.
What you will learn
- How to prepare and use adhesive, synthetic lacquer and gold powder in the modern Kintsugi method.
- How to repair cracks and fill chips in ceramic objects such as cups, plates, bowls.
- How to restore broken items: Yukari will advise which items to work on first and how to tackle others at home.
What to bring
- Any items that you would like to repair: such as bowls, plates, cups or vases.
- After booking, please email a photograph of your items to confirm suitability (email@example.com).
We will provide:
- all repair materials and tools.
- full instructions and guidance on the modern kintsugi repair method.
- hot drinks and biscuits.
Please let us know in advance if you will need to borrow a machine to avoid disappointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email email@example.com so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop host
We continue to run only small groups at our workshops. The venue has plenty of space to remain socially distanced and everyone’s safety is of upmost importance to help everyone enjoy the event with confidence and comfort.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event