Immerse yourself in the world of natural dyeing in this half day workshop. We will explore the dyeing process using a variety of locally sourced natural materials, such as roots, berries, flowers, bark and leaves.
Local artisans Kate and Carol Anne will guide you step by step in the process of natural dyeing where you will learn to confidently dye different materials with long lasting effects.
After a short introduction we’ll break for a bring-your-own lunch then get started with the dyeing.
Suitable for beginners. Class sizes are kept small making sure that everyone gets attention and assistance when needed.
You will leave feeling inspired to grow, forage and dye your own fabrics at home and with the confidence develop your skills. All Simply Repair workshops are relaxed, comfortable and open to all.
You will learn now to:
- prepare your fabrics for dyeing
- process homegrown, foraged plants and even kitchen leftovers for dyeing
- dye fabric and clothes
- experiment with colour and pattern prepare the dye plants
We will provide:
- all raw materials and tools required for hand dyeing
- plenty of scrap fabric for testing
- guided instruction step-by-step from Kate & Carol
- organic, Fairtrade hot drinks and palm oil-free biscuits
What to bring
- A packed lunch for yourself. We’ll eat in the Space2Create kitchen (cutlery & crockery available).
- An apron or old clothing you don’t mind getting messy.
- Some natural fibre fabric or clothing that you would like to dye if you have some.
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop hosts
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
We continue to run only small groups at our workshops. The venue has plenty of space to remain socially distanced and everyone’s safety is of upmost importance to help everyone enjoy the event with confidence and comfort.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event
Keep up to date with us at: