Have you got a small electrical item at home that is no longer working? A lamp, vacuum cleaner, electric toothbrush, anything? How would you like to be able to repair it yourself!
Bring it along to this introductory workshop and learn how to diagnose and make simple repairs to a wide range of home electrical items.
This 2-part workshop is designed for beginners: it is an introduction and is not accredited.
In part 1:
- we will introduce electrical basics (fitting a plug, checking a fuse, fixing loose wires)
- we will explain what you can and can’t fix yourself, without full electrical certification
- you will have a go at using a multimeter to test continuity, resistance, current and voltage levels and help you diagnose the problem.
In part 2:
- we will introduce the repair process: diagnose faults, make repairs, test for safety
- you will have a go at repairing a variety of electrical items under supervision.
We will provide:
- all materials and tools, including a multimeter for you to take home!
- guided step-by-step instructions
- organic, Fairtrade hot drinks and palm-oil free biscuits.
What to bring
- A small toolkit if you have one, but fear not, we have plenty to share.
- An electrical item or two that needs repair. If you don’t have anything, ask friends and family, someone will!
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email email@example.com so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop host
Your hosts for this small group workshop are Kendal Repair Cafe volunteers Merv Conroy and Graham Clarke. Find out more about the Repair Cafe here.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
Keep up to date with us at: