Enjoy an evening of relaxing, mindful craft as you create your very own botanical wreath using local flowers and plants.
Discover how making a seasonal wreath can be a sensory, immersive experience as we connect with the history of wreath making. As you select and work with individual plants and flowers, scents and colours, your workshop host, Alex, will delve into the folklore, holistic meanings and healing properties of each, helping you to create a uniquely personal wreath that is both beautiful and meaningful.
Class sizes are kept small making sure that everyone gets attention and assistance when needed. This relaxed, social space promotes well-being, creativity and environmental awareness.
All materials are natural, eco-friendly, sustainable & zero waste – no plastic or glitter!
- is suitable for beginners and experienced wreath makers alike.
- is relaxed, comfortable and open to all.
- includes Fairtrade hot drinks and biscuits.
We will provide:
- All the materials, greenery and flowers that you need to make a sustainable seasonal wreath.
- Scissors or secateurs for those who need to borrow them.
What to bring?
- Your own scissors, secateurs, gloves and apron, if you wish.
- Any greenery from your garden that you would like to use and share.
- If you would like to use holly & berries and have some to hand, please bring these with you.
- If you have a pre-loved wreath that you would like to reuse, please bring it along.
- We won’t be using oasis or any other synthetic fabrics or materials. Simply Repair avoids all forms of plastic.
Being accessible and inclusive to everyone is important to us at Simply Repair. If you want to join us on any of the workshops but financial circumstances prevent this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. All requests are confidential, and we offer a no questions asked policy. We will do our best to accommodate, and in the event where the workshop is already full we can discuss future options.
Your workshop host
Your host for this workshop is Alex Murgatroyd of My Wild Soul: nature based yoga, creativity and healing.
About Simply Repair South Lakes
Our making and mending workshops bring people together to learn or refresh a range of repair and crafting skills in a friendly, informal atmosphere led by local tutors and volunteers. All profits are used by Simply Repair to fund more repair cafes and share more repair skills.
Our aims at Simply Repair are to reduce waste, share skills, improve wellbeing and build communities. We bring together people with skills to repair and those who want to learn how. We hold repair events where you can get small electricals, clothes, furniture, toys and other household items fixed free of charge.
We continue to run only small groups at our workshops. The venue has plenty of space to remain socially distanced and everyone’s safety is of upmost importance to help everyone enjoy the event with confidence and comfort.
Refunds and Cancellations
Tickets will be refunded if:
- the event is cancelled
- the event is rescheduled, and you cannot make the new date
- the event changes location, and you cannot attend
- If you have been charged a booking fee, unfortunately this cannot be refunded.
- If you are unable to attend please email as soon as possible and we will access the request on a case by case basis. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds if:
- you can no longer attend the event due to personal circumstances
- you have changed your mind about attending the event
Keep up to date with us at: